An internship with Wildlife Learning Center (WLC) is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining zoo husbandry experience. WLC interns work closely with staff biologists to care for over 100 rescued and zoo-born wild animals and to providing public education in the life sciences.
The position is physically demanding, fast paced, and requires moderate lifting, bending, and extended time on your feet. Interns work extensively outdoors regardless of weather conditions. Interns must be flexible with their hours as schedules can be highly variable. Interns are expected to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
Interns will shadow and work closely with WLC staff biologists, volunteers, and other interns.
Interns will help to clean enclosures and equipment, prepare diets, provide behavioral enrichment, and interact with the general public to give wildlife education.
- Must be at least a freshman in college, majoring in biology or a related animal science degree.
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum 3-month commitment
- Minimum commitment of three days per week
- In good physical health and capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Must have a professional, clean cut appearance
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to work closely with others
Qualified candidates will undergo a phone interview.
Summer InternshipsApplications must be received by March 31st.
If You Are Interested In Applying For Our Internship Program:
Please email the following to our coordinator at [email protected]
- Cover Letter (please include when you are available to start/end as well as weekly availability)
- 2 Letters Of Recommendation
Thank You For Your Interest In Wildlife Learning Center!
VISIT THE CENTER
General Admission – Mondays through Fridays –
10am to 5pm
Private Tours – Mondays through Sundays – Advanced Reservations Required